Remove dandruff : How to remove dandruff naturally
How to remove dandruff naturally Nothing is more annoying and embarrassing than those small, whitish flakes that build up on your hair, known as dandruff. Fortunately, it is possible to remove it with anti-dandruff shampoos without a prescription. If you are concerned about the ingredients in commercial remedies, there are natural alternatives. For example, you can wash your hair with diluted tea tree oil or massage your scalp with aloe vera gel. Also, you can make some lifestyle changes to improve scalp health. If dandruff is severe and home treatments are not working, see your doctor.
Remove dandruff Method 1 : Using topical treatments
Remove dandruff Step :1
Mix tea tree oil with your shampoo to hydrate your scalp and fight fungus. Dandruff can be caused by the overgrowth of fungi or bacteria on the scalp. The antimicrobial and antifungal properties of tea tree oil help combat this problem. Buy a shampoo that contains tea tree oil in a 5% concentration, or put 5-10 drops of tea tree oil in your regular shampoo bottle and shake it well, then wash your hair as usual. Continue treatment until dandruff improves.
- This oil is toxic when ingested. Never use it in or near your mouth.
- If it gets into your eyes by accident, rinse them immediately with lukewarm water and call your doctor if you experience irritation or redness.
- Don’t apply undiluted tea tree oil directly to your scalp, as it can cause itching and irritation. Stop using any product that contains tea tree oil if you develop an allergic reaction, such as a rash, itching, or burning.
Expert Tip: Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to your topical treatment. Lemon juice smells great and also neutralizes the pH of your skin and removes dandruff!
Remove dandruff Step :2
Use citronella oil mixed with shampoo to relieve inflammation. Like tea tree oil, citronella oil has antimicrobial properties that help treat certain types of dandruff. It also reduces inflammation of the scalp. Buy a shampoo with 10% citronella oil or add a few drops of this oil to your regular shampoo or conditioner.
- For best results, apply citronella oil treatment for 2-3 weeks.
- Do not apply undiluted directly to the scalp or it will cause irritation.
Remove dandruff Step :3
Remove dandruff : Massage aloe vera gel into the scalp as a soothing treatment. To treat dandruff, rub a good amount of pure aloe vera gel directly on the scalp and leave it on for up to 1 hour. Afterward, wash your hair with a mild shampoo and rinse thoroughly (including the scalp). Perform this treatment 2 or 3 times a week until symptoms improve.
- In addition to being full of antioxidants and amino acids, aloe vera gel has moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties that accelerate the recovery of skin that has suffered damage or irritation.It also has an antifungal and antimicrobial action. These factors make aloe vera an excellent natural anti-dandruff treatment.
- You can buy it or extract it directly from the cut leaf of a live aloe vera plant.
- Aloe vera gel is irritating for some people, so put a small amount on the wrist first and see if there is any reaction before applying it to the scalp. Ideally, wait 24 hours to see if you have a reaction, but you will most likely notice it sooner.
- Stop using it if you experience symptoms such as a rash, itching, irritation, or increased sensitivity to sunlight (meaning the skin burns more easily than normal).
Remove dandruff Step:4
Try a coconut oil treatment to decrease inflammation and hydrate your skin. Although there is not much research on the effectiveness of coconut oil in treating dandruff, there is some evidence that it helps fight skin-related conditions, such as atopic dermatitis.
- To use, rub 2 tablespoons of coconut oil directly onto the scalp and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing off.
- If you want, you can also cover your hair with a shower cap and leave the coconut oil on your scalp overnight. Rinse it off with lukewarm water when you get up in the morning.
- It may be necessary to warm it between your hands for a few minutes or mix it with a little warm water before spreading it on the scalp.
- Another alternative is to buy a shampoo that contains coconut oil.
Look for pure coconut oil at your local grocery store or health food store.
Remove dandruff Step:5
Wash the scalp with baking soda for a deep, exfoliating clean. Baking soda can remove dandruff flakes and fight the fungus that causes dandruff. To cleanse your scalp and hair with baking soda, make a paste with 3/4 cup (180 ml) of water and 4 tablespoons of baking soda. Apply the paste to your scalp and hair and let it sit for 1 to 3 minutes before rinsing it off.
- If you want, you can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to boost the anti-dandruff effects.
- Using baking soda on your hair too often can dry out your hair and irritate your scalp. Use this method at most once a week and stop if you experience irritation or notice that your hair is becoming dull or dry.
- You can counteract some of the harsh effects of baking soda by continuing your treatment with a hydrating conditioner that contains coconut or argan oil.
Remove dandruff Step:6
Add crushed aspirin to your shampoo for a homemade salicylic acid wash. Aspirin contains salicylic acid, a substance naturally present in the bark of willows. Since it helps cleanse oily skin and reduces inflammation, salicylic acid is a common ingredient in dandruff treatments. Crush 1-2 uncoated aspirin tablets and mix them with 1 tablespoon of your shampoo the next time you wash your hair. Wash as usual, but leave the shampoo on for 2 to 3 minutes before rinsing it off.
- You can also buy an anti-dandruff shampoo with salicylic acid.
- Stop using the treatment if you experience redness, irritation, burning, or signs of an allergic reaction such as itching, hives, or swelling.
- Do this treatment twice a week for up to 4 weeks or until symptoms improve.
Remove dandruff Method:2 Make changes to your diet and lifestyle
Remove dandruff Step:1
Increase your consumption of omega 3 fatty acids. It is a type of healthy fat that improves the health of the skin and hair, in addition to providing other benefits. If you have trouble fighting dandruff, eat more omega-3-rich foods, such as fatty fish (eg, mackerel, tuna, and salmon), seeds, seed oils, and nuts.
- There are also omega 3 supplements, such as fish oil tablets.
- Aim for 1 to 1.5 g of omega 3 fatty acids a day.
Remove dandruff Step:2
Eat a diet full of fruits and vegetables to lower your risk of skin disorders. Studies have shown that people who eat a large amount of fruits and vegetables are less likely to suffer from dandruff-related skin conditions, such as seborrheic dermatitis. Eat fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors every day so that you get a variety of essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Good examples of vegetables are leafy greens, beans, peas, cruciferous vegetables (such as broccoli and cauliflower), and colorful ones like carrots, radishes, bell peppers, and purple sweet potatoes.
- Get a variety of vitamins and minerals by eating a wide variety of fruits, such as berries, apples, citrus fruits, bananas, grapes, and melons.
- Aim for 5 servings of vegetables and 4 servings of fruits a day. To determine the serving size of various types of vegetables and fruits, see the chart
Remove dandruff Step:3
Eat more foods rich in biotin to promote healthy skin and hair. Biotin is an essential B vitamin that improves the health of hair, skin, and nails. Ask your doctor if you can take biotin supplements or get it from food sources, such as the following:
- egg yolks
- nutritional yeast, which can be substituted for butter or cheese or added to creamy soups or egg dishes.
Talk to your doctor about taking zinc to boost healthy cell growth. Zinc is a dietary mineral that plays an important role in maintaining a healthy immune system. It can also speed recovery and prevent diseases that affect the skin, hair, and scalp.
- Check with your doctor to see if zinc supplements might help your problem. its, seeds, eggs, dairy products, whole grains, and potatoes.
Did you know? Zinc is also useful as a topical treatment. It is an ingredient widely used in anti-dandruff shampoos.
Improve your general health with activities to relieve stress. Although the relationship between stress and dandruff is unclear, studies indicate that people with high levels of stress and anxiety are more likely to develop skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis. If you already have dandruff, stress can exacerbate it. If you’re feeling stressed, minimize it by doing the following:
- Do relaxing activities, like yoga or meditation.
- Spend time with your friends and family.
- Take up hobbies and creative activities that you enjoy.
- Listen to quiet music.
- Sleep well.
Remove dandruff Method:3 Seek medical treatment
See your doctor if you see signs of infection on your scalp. Dandruff generally does not require medical treatment, but can sometimes be linked to more serious conditions. You don’t need to see a doctor if you have some scales with no other symptoms. However, you should make an appointment if dandruff occurs along with symptoms such as redness, tenderness, or swelling of the scalp.
- These symptoms could also indicate that you have another skin condition, such as seborrheic dermatitis.
Get medical treatment if dandruff is severe or does not respond to home care. You need to see a doctor if you have a lot of dandruff, home treatments are not helpful, or you have severe itching or discomfort along with dandruff. He will identify the cause of the problem and prescribe appropriate treatment.
- For example, if your dandruff is due to an inflammatory disease, you may need corticosteroid treatment or an immune response inhibitor.
- For persistent fungal infections of the scalp, your doctor will prescribe a strong antifungal medication or shampoo.
Tip: As a general rule, it’s a good idea to see your doctor if you’ve tried home remedies or over-the-counter dandruff treatments for at least 1 month and the problem hasn’t improved.
Seek medical attention if you have a weak immune system in addition to dandruff. If you suffer from a disease that weakens the immune system, such as an inherited immune deficiency disorder, HIV, AIDS, cancer, or diabetes, call your doctor if you develop dandruff. He will identify if it is due to a scalp infection and if so, apply the appropriate treatment.
- Certain medications, such as steroids and chemotherapy drugs, also weaken the immune system. See your doctor if you develop dandruff during treatment with one of these medications.
- Untreated skin infections can lead to serious complications if you have a weak immune system, so don’t hesitate to see your doctor.
A good way to avoid dandruff is to wash your hair regularly. This will prevent the accumulation of oils, dirt and dead skin on the scalp.
Buy anti dandruf shampoo for best results Click here