How to unlock all characters, modes and boards in Super Mario Party | Digital Trends Spanish
Super Mario Party It must be one of the best multiplayer titles on the Nintendo Switch. With 84 minigames, 20 selectable characters, various game modes, and four different boards, it’s perfect for having a good time with a group of people. But in order to see the true and complete ending of the game, it will be necessary to unlock all the characters, modes and boards within Super Mario Partand.
At the start, there are 20 minigames, four characters, five gems, and a single board to compete on. And although the content to unlock is not little, you do not have to do anything very special to achieve it, and many times just completing a game is enough, as long as you know where to look.
How to unlock characters in Super Mario Party
There are four hidden characters that are not available at the start: Pum Pum, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, and Bones. The way to unlock them is as follows:
- Pum Pum: Appears in the square after completing the fifth world in Path of Challenges. You need to unlock all the minigames before you can unlock Pom Pom.
- Diddy Kong: Similar to Pum Pum, you have to complete the second world of Path of Trials.
- Donkey Kong: To unlock it, you have to play Torrent of Adventures three times and take different routes in each of them. In the third, they can see Donkey Kong in the crowd.
- Bones: The way to get this character is a bit strange, because there does not seem to be a list of requirements to meet to unlock it. Huesitos simply appears in the plaza after playing for a while.
And of course, each of these characters comes with their own dice with different numbers:
- Pum Pum: 0, 3, 3, 3, 3, 8
- Diddy Kong: 0, 0, 0, 7, 7, 7
- Donkey Kong: +5 coins, 0, 0, 0, 10, 10
- Bones: 1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6
How to unlock the Kamek board
This is one of the first items to unlock in the game, which is also very simple: you simply have to play on any of the initial boards and once the three games are completed, the Kamek board will be available.
How to unlock the Path of Trials and other modes
When starting Super Mario Party There are four initial modes: Mario Party, Double Mario Party, Adventure Torrent and Full Rhythm. But there are other modes to unlock, a bigger one called Path of Challenges.
How to unlock all minigames and open the Path of Challenges
The Path of Trials becomes available once all 84 mini-games are unlocked. As you play, question marks appear in the minigames that have not been unlocked and of course, at the end of the turns you have to trust the chance that you will get a new one (although the chances of obtaining a minigame that are not played is quite high).
To unlock all 84 games, yes, you must have played all four game modes: Mario Party, Mario Party doubles, Adventure Torrent and Full Rhythm. You usually have to play each of these modes a couple of times to unlock the Path of Trials.
Tip: On the right side of the Party Square you can see all the mini-games that have not yet been unlocked and if you click on the question marks, the mode in which it is unlocked is shown.
Toad’s Recreation Room, Stickers and Party Points
These modes are somewhat smaller than the main ones and can also be unlocked.
On the green pipe to the right is Toad’s Recreation Room. This is unlocked after a match in Mario Party mode; once inside the Recreation Room, several mini-games are available, including a very good baseball one.
Additionally, Party Points can be spent on collectibles after talking to Toad in the center of the Party Plaza. But before doing that, you must have Party Points, which are earned after completing a game in any mode. Once with the option to spend Party Points, they must go left to the red pipe and Kamek will open the Sticker room.
How to unlock all gems in Super Mario Party
To finish Super Mario Party and see the final cinematic, you have to get five gems and each of them requires completing the five main modes.
- Gem of Tenacity: the vast majority will get this gem since their only requirement is to play on the four initial boards in standard mode
- Gem of Love: it is necessary to play a round on the four starting boards in the Mario Party mode to doubles
- Gem of Courage: you have to take all the available routes in Torrente de Aventuras
- Gem of the Spirit: this may seem the most difficult, but it is perhaps the one that takes the least time since you simply have to complete a round in Full Pace mode, but on hard difficulty.
- Gem of Passion: to get it you have to complete the Path of Challenges mode
The Golden Rowing in Torrente de Aventuras
To obtain the Gem of Courage, it is necessary to take the five routes in Torrente de Aventuras. Then, once you get the gem, you can talk to Birdo at Plaza Party to get the Golden Row.
Using the Golden Paddle makes the vehicle easier to control in Adventure Torrent, which is great for playing on Hard Mode. And yes, it is possible to obtain the Gem of Courage without having completed the five routes previously, although apparently the chances are much lower.